We Deserve to live
Farah Society for Cystic Fibrosis is a charitable, non profit society which was established in September, 2010. It was launched by families of CF patient and other supporters whose only concern was to be the voice of CF patientâ€™s expressing their hopes and sufferings mainly the CF children.
Cystic Fibrosis is a genetically inherited disease which affects only if a patient inherits it from his both parents. This disease causes secretion glands to excrete sticky vicious abnormal secretion and the sweat glands excrete highly concentrated salt sweat, which causes damage to lungs, digestive system and pancreas. There is no cure for this disease, but every patient must go through regular daily therapy, take drugs and supplement, and do inhalation and exercising in order to have a better quality of life.
Mission: Improve the quietly of life for CF children from all aspect especially the medical aspect
1. Structure a specialized center to take care of CF patient.
2. Establish database that will keep track of all children and families affected by CF
3. Ensure the availability of medications, nebulizer and breathing equipment.
4. Providing psychosocial support for CF patients especially children and their families
5. Providing educational programs aimed at improving awareness among CF patients in order to live effectively with their condition.
6. Raising the general awareness of the nature of CF disease among the Palestinian community and medical teams.
7. Create a standard guidelines for the screening, diagnosis and treatment of CF in Palestine
Ata A-Zaitari â€“ President
Manar Jaber â€“ Vice President
Amjad Amro â€“ SECRETER
Rawda Al-Hasasneh - SECRETERY TREASURY
Ala Abu Faraha
Dr. Mohammad Abu-Youef
Dr. Hijazi Abu-Mizar
Dr. Abed-AL-Razak Abu-Mialeh